Monday, October 6, 2014

Campus Connect

Campus Connect is essentially a dream that God placed in my heart six years ago.  The building and forging of what it is and what it will be has been a collaborative effort of many hearts and minds from around the globe over the last decade.  And I am humbled, to say the least, to get to play a role in it.

This coming January I will make the move back over the ocean to take a full time position with Campus Connect, South Africa.  Living in Cape Town I will be based in the Assemblies of God Group South Africa Administrative Office.  My role will be full time with Campus Connect: working with churches and student groups around the country.  Over the next few years we will be building a community of university students in pursuit of God, reaching the future of South Africa, and equipping local churches to reach the universities near them.  I fully believe that if we reconcile university students to Christ, it will change the university, the marketplace, and the world.  

As I start this adventure, I realize that we are pioneering something new and that means details aren’t always plentiful.  For now details are still being hashed out and many aspects of what daily life will look like next year will remain unknown for a bit longer.  But here is what I do know, God has placed a passion in my heart to reach the university students of South Africa and that is what my life will look like for the next few years.  Campus Connect is the avenue and organization with which I will be working with to reach students.

Currently I am wrapping up my last semester at the University of Louisiana and raising the necessary funds to make the move.  With any great investment and adventure there is a cost.  This particular step is no different. 

If you have any questions or would like to discuss Campus Connect, opportunities in South Africa, or be a financial partner, please feel free to contact me (MirandaLTaylor@gmail.com) or you can click the donate button on the left.  I would love to share and further discuss things and how you can help bring hope to university students in South Africa. 

His For the University

Miranda

No comments: