Monday, May 21, 2012

Wonderful Weekend Full of Wonderful Things

This weekend I ventured to North Louisiana and had an absolutely wonderful weekend with my family.  Friday night I had dinner with my dad, just the two of us.  With siblings and step-siblings and a step-mom and step-nieces and nephews, dinner with just me and dad does not happen very often at all.  So Friday night dinner with just me and dad at my favorite Mexican restaurant was great!  The food was yummy as usual and we had some really good conversations about life and family and such.

Saturday dad and I got up and headed to a local golf course for his church's spring tournament.  As usual per most years, I was the only female playing in the tournament.  Dad and I played on a team with two others and my brother, Eddie, played on a team with some others as well.  I must say it was by far not the best I have played, but yet it wasn't the worst either.  I hadn't played a round in over a year, so my swing was a little off and rusty.  But still I managed to hit the best drive on our very first hole.  It does a girl's ego well to play her drive on the first hole when playing in a scramble with three grown men!!

                                                               Dad and I on the 18th hole


After lunch I headed to Ruston to spend the evening with my mother.  We watched tv, ate pizza, and went to bed early.  It was a fabulous evening just hanging out on the couch with mom and the dog!

Sunday I got up and headed back west towards Shreveport.  I met up with my brother and sister-in-law and some of their friends and we hit the lake for the day.  The eight of us spent about five hours chilling on the boat, laughing, wake-boarding, tubing, swimming, hanging out, enjoying the day, and getting nice and sun-burnt.  I don't often get the chance to spend time with my bother and sister-in-law in their "world".  Usually if we are together, we're all at my parents or something like that.  But it was nice to spend a day with them and their friends.  It was good to just meet them where they're at and enjoy life with them.

                                          Callie (my sister-in-law) and me on the boat


Once we finally got out of the water, I began my journey back to South Louisiana.  After such a great weekend at home, it always makes me a little sad to venture back south.  I do love my family and cherish the times I get to spend with them.  I just wish it were more often.

Until then......

No comments: