Friday, May 8, 2015

High-fiving God

This weekend I had the opportunity to drive the "Garden Route" of South Africa.  It is a stretch along the southeastern coast through the Western Cape and Eastern Cape provinces.  I drove ten hours along the coast to be with one of our campus ministries that we are working with.

This was my first trip through this route and my first time in the Eastern Cape.  Though it was a long drive (even longer since my car does not have cruise control) it was absolutely phenomenal.  The next time I take this trip, I would like a chauffeur and a really nice camera.  The chauffeur because it was hard to look around and take in all of the views while I was driving.  And a really nice camera because my iPhone just does not do justice to capture the beauty that I drove through.

At one point I was driving along and really wished that I could high-five God.  In fact I actually raised my hand at one point and audibly said "high-five God."  It was just that beautiful.  I was in absolutely awe of God for probably 90% of the drive there and back.  Honestly around every corner and turn my jaw dropped a little and I found myself in awe of the majesty and splendor of what our God has created.

I know that I am a person that really connects well with God in nature.  I am also a person that really enjoys spending time alone.  So for me, this drive was like ten hours alone in nature with God.  Talk about refreshing and just flat out incredible.  I loved every minute of it!

On the way home I was even able to detour a bit and see the southern most tip of the continent.  It's as far south as you can go in Africa and is also the place where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet!  What a cool opportunity and breath taking thing to get to see.  This country and my God never fail to amaze me!

I took very few pictures on the trip because they just don't do justice.  But here are a few that hopefully give you some idea of the beauty and splendor of what God has made here.




No comments: